The Wagoner County Sheriff's Office is committed to recruiting the best possible candidate for employment positions. Joining Wagoner County Sheriff's Office is a challenging and rewarding career. Serving your fellow citizens is an honorable pursuit and source of pride.
It is the mission of Wagoner County Sheriff's Office to provide professional quality law enforcement, custodial, and court related services for the citizens of our county.
Law Enforcement is more than a job, it is a profession. Employees of Wagoner County Sheriff's Office are dedicated to serving and helping the citizens of our county. If helping others and community service are your goal, then a position with Wagoner County Sheriff's Office may be for you.
PAPER SERVICE DEPUTY SHERIFF JOB POSTING
The Wagoner County Sheriff’s Office is seeking to fill an immediate opening for Paper Service Deputy.
The Wagoner County Sheriff’s Office Paper Service Deputy will be required to coordinate and serve all papers received through the Sheriff’s Office in Wagoner County.
Starting at $36,564.00, with a pay increase to $40,632 after 6 months and $44,688.00 after completing your probationary period.
• Be at least 21 years of age; Be a citizen of the United States; Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
• Possess a valid state driver’s license and have a good driving record.
• Must possess an ACTIVE CLEET Sworn Police Officer
• Must be able to perform defense tactics against individuals and frequently interact with hostile/combative people.
• Ability to work various shifts, weekends, and holidays
• Must have the knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical, and office processes;
• Must be of good moral character
• Candidates will be expected to participate in and pass a medical examination including drug testing.
• All personnel shall complete a minimum 1 year new-hire probationary period
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Carefully observe incidents and situations, accurately remembering names, faces, numbers, circumstances and places;
• Make independent judgments and adopt quick, effective, and responsible courses of action at any time;
• Prepare clear and comprehensive reports;
• Effectively represent the Sheriff’s Office in contacts with the public and other law enforcement agencies;
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work;
• Possess and maintain a cooperative and positive attitude;
• Required to occasionally work overtime – may include weekends and evenings;
• Required to participate in CLEET continuing education courses.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
• Paid and off duty on observed holidays
• FREE employee medical, dental and life insurance
• Take home car program
• Monday through Friday 8-hour shifts with weekends off.
• Uniforms and equipment, including vest, sidearm, leather gear and a cell phone are provided.
Go to https://www.wagonercountyso.org/docs/Sheriff's%20Office%20ApplicationBJMADA.pdf to apply online.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides uniformed service of all Wagoner County Civil Process papers to include Protective Orders, Summons, Subpoenas, Small Claims documents, Divorce decrees, and Body Attachments
- Works with office staff to audit all Civil Paper Service to ensure that all Civil Papers are accounted for
- Completes and maintains records of all Civil Paper Service that is issued or served
- Required to keep all Civil Paper Service documents secure and confidential
- Updates Wagoner County websites with proper documentation for all citizen contact and Civil Paper Service
- Communicates with office staff to provide status on all Civil Paper Service that are pending or completed
- Assist other counties with Civil Paper Service in Wagoner County if needed
- Files reports for violations of protective orders or other statutory infractions that may arise
- Assist all other Wagoner County Sheriff’s Office divisions with duties as needed
- Responds to patrol calls for service as needed
- Assist other agencies with calls for service as needed
- Performs other related duties as required
- Keeps and maintains all issued Sheriff’s Office equipment including but not limited to: Uniforms, firearms, Vehicles, Ballistic vests, Tasers, and Body Worn Cameras.