The Wagoner County Sheriff's Office is committed to recruiting the best possible candidate for employment positions. Joining Wagoner County Sheriff's Office is a challenging and rewarding career. Serving your fellow citizens is an honorable pursuit and source of pride.
It is the mission of Wagoner County Sheriff's Office to provide professional quality law enforcement, custodial, and court related services for the citizens of our county.
Law Enforcement is more than a job, it is a profession. Employees of Wagoner County Sheriff's Office are dedicated to serving and helping the citizens of our county. If helping others and community service are your goal, then a position with Wagoner County Sheriff's Office may be for you.
TAX / DEQ DEPUTY SHERIFF JOB POSTING
The Wagoner County Sheriff’s Office is seeking to fill an immediate opening for Tax / DEQ Deputy.
The Tax / DEQ Deputy will focus on investigating crimes which pose significant threats to human health and the environment. As a Wagoner County Deputy assigned to a Department of Environmental Quality role, your commitment will be to make sure that all citizens in Wagoner County have clean air to breath, access to clean water, and ensure that the land in our county is protected.
Starting at $36,564.00, with a pay increase to $40,632 after 6 months and $44,688.00 after completing your probationary period.
• Be at least 21 years of age; Be a citizen of the United States; Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
• Possess a valid state driver’s license and have a good driving record.
• Must possess an ACTIVE CLEET Sworn Police Officer
• Must be able to perform defense tactics against individuals and frequently interact with hostile/combative people.
• Ability to work various shifts, weekends, and holidays
• Must have the knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical, and office processes;
• Must be of good moral character
• Candidates will be expected to participate in and pass a medical examination including drug testing.
• All personnel shall complete a minimum 1 year new-hire probationary period
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Carefully observe incidents and situations, accurately remembering names, faces, numbers, circumstances and places;
• Make independent judgments and adopt quick, effective, and responsible courses of action at any time;
• Prepare clear and comprehensive reports;
• Effectively represent the Sheriff’s Office in contacts with the public and other law enforcement agencies;
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work;
• Possess and maintain a cooperative and positive attitude;
• Required to occasionally work overtime – may include weekends and evenings;
• Required to participate in CLEET continuing education courses.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
• Paid and off duty on observed holidays
• FREE employee medical, dental and life insurance
• Take home car program
• Monday through Friday 8-hour shifts with weekends off.
• Uniforms and equipment, including vest, sidearm, leather gear and a cell phone are provided.
Go to https://www.wagonercountyso.org/docs/Sheriff's%20Office%20ApplicationBJMADA.pdf to apply online.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist all other Wagoner County Sheriff’s Office divisions with duties as needed
- Responds to patrol calls for service as needed
- Assist other agencies with calls for service as needed
- Performs other related duties as required
- Keeps and maintains all issued Sheriff’s Office equipment including but not limited to: Uniforms, firearms, Vehicles, Ballistic vests, Tasers, and Body Worn Cameras.
- Strong, offensive, or unusual chemical odors.
- Large numbers of dead birds, fish, or other animals
- Pipes or valves appear hidden or bypass waste treatment systems
- Tank trucks discharging into drains, manholes or bodies of water
- Oily slicks on bodies of water
- Drums or containers dumped at odd hours in out-of-the way places
- Corroded, leaking waste containers
- The residential or household dumping of vehicle and/or lawnmower oil
- The disposal of litter
- The use of a residential garage to paint vehicles
- Surfacing sewage in the yard of a residence
- Illegal disposal of hazardous waste
- Illegal discharge of pollutants to a water of the United States
- The removal and disposal of regulated asbestos containing materials in a manner inconsistent with the law and regulations
- Tampering with a drinking water supply.